23 Jan 2011

3 libras

first libra disdains me from toes to top of my hair
swinging me on my rocking chair
till I fall out right on my face
covered with bruises; lost in the chase

second libra is already taken
by words sweet as a cherry cream I am mistaken
and I dash about like a dog on its chain
like a junkie that needs his cocaine

third libra is far away
sits on a throne on the other end of the milky way
smiling with words calm and breathtaking
till my whole body in awe is shaking

despite the warnings and signs from god
I can't catch a fish on my rod
3 libras I desire
aimed at with a ball of fire
3 libras I crave
crushed hard with a tidal wave 

am I insane
what do I gain
what do I lose
do I have to chose

questions go answers don't come
but I need no rule of thumb
another broken bottle and the damage done
we've all been blinded by the sun
nothing to lose much will I gain
being the last in the food chain


No comments:

Post a Comment