31 Jan 2011

Good Night Poem

Hear me out!
The night has come,
oh, at least for some,
in the middle of the world.
With the dreams unfurled
I lay my head on a pillow,
count to ten and sit under a willow
with a panflute I tune myself stories
of what most bothers me and worries.
Can you feel the oozing snake
that comes out of my feelings lake?
Sweat comes out of it's mouth,
it bites and burns out of the deep south
and I wish in my aching heart
to fear it when it tears me apart.
I make myself scream but no sound comes out,
as it is beyond any doubt
that I'll die tonight, my sugar cane,
to feel tomorrow the pain again.
the song so clear, begins to fade,
my burning heart calls fire brigade
and I just weep to put out the fire,
but that's not enough, it gets higher and higher,
so I just wait here and play my melody blue,
till you come and give me the clue.
Please, bring some smile in a red pill,
yet, don't come in, leave it on a window sill.
I might get scared and break my own heart -
some call it the falling art.

2 comments:

  1. *soft sigh*... beautiful expression. the night can haunt most of us.you bring it to its peak with such the accelorated rhythm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bubbl is glad you liked the gloomy picture of his imagination while he lays his head to sleep.

    ReplyDelete