29 Jan 2011

...Pretending

down on my knees
above the trees
you will be left behind
your words are blind
you think you've gone so far
in your convertible car
I know the last cut
to make your eyes shut
is the deepest
like your joke - the cheapest
that's the effect
of your future perfect
I will have loved
and pushed and shoved
well I used to stand in a queue
with my own world view
wishing you opened your heart
delighted with my culinary art
but all I got was you turning into god
making me feel a bit odd
like a slave to his master
oh, if only I knew it'd be such a disaster
some said it was a sign
right there it came down from the sky
you've become a cytomegalovirus
and me? I am so desirous
of being loved and to love
but I am just tired of...

2 comments:

  1. wow pound that nail hard and true
    feel no better when you had
    a reason to.

    cytomegalovirus not quite herpes is it
    just like your pretense not quite love is it ... anymore

    i know of where you speak a deity i created out of a mortal stranger, immortalizing my strangeness to no avail. Alas And Alack

    just my weird way of saying I enjoyed the read..pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed the weird way of of saying you enjoyed the read :)

    ReplyDelete